The South African Rugby Referees’ Association (SARRA) is made up and governed by 14 provincial referee societies and 5 Executive members.
The executive is elected for a four-year term and runs from Rugby World Cup to Rugby World Cup. The chairperson and deputy chairperson may only serve 3 terms.
The Annual General Meeting traditionally is held after the Currie Cup Final, usually in November, and attended by the full council.
Members of the current executive include:
- Keith Hendricks – Chairman
- Christo van Heerden – Deputy Chairman
- Mninimzi Plaatjie – Vice Chairman
- Alfred Ross - Additional Representative
- Steve Brits - Additional Representative
- Banks Yantolo – SA Rugby Referee Manager
All registered referees are members of their provincial society and are ultimately members of and subject to the disciplinary code of SARU and SARRA. All organized rugby in South Africa is administered through the provincial unions and, ultimately, SARU.
SARRA’s mission is to provide the best rugby refereeing service in the world, through excellence, honesty and accountability.